Saturday, October 2, 2010

Spending My Birthday Present

On my birthday I received a sweet surprise present from my bosses. This was really such a delightful surprise because the gift they gave me was one of the many experiences I've always had my eye on from RedRibbon Days. :)

It was, the ATV Waterfall Adventure experience.


One of the best part about receiving a RedRibbon Day gift is that it is valid for 6 months. So I can choose to go for this experience whenever I wanted to within half a year. And guess what, I finally chose to go for my experience just a few days before my expiry date! I got it on March and I only went for it on September. Hehehe.

And oh boy, was I glad I didn't accidentally let my voucher expire.

I manage to get my cousins and friends along with me for this as well. We were all very
excited for this day because it has also been awhile since we've done an outdoor outing together like this!

After we finally arrive (I was beginning to worry that I was leading them to the
wrong place!), we put on our safety helmets, went through a short briefing and hop on the bikes! At this time, I don't why, but I felt a bit nervous! I was worried that I might loose control of the bikes while going downhill and result in me flying off the trail or something. Heh heh.

Thankfully, we all get to practice a couple of rounds before we head off to the real ATV trail. After the much needed practice, it was time to face the jungle.


And I could remember, the very first thing we needed to do once we enter the jungle was to climb up a really steep terrain. This was really exciting! I can remember our instructor at this time was like "Tekan! Tekan! Jangan lepas! Jangan lepas!" Haha! You see, our accelerator and brakes for the ATV bikes are all on the handles of the bikes. So you can imagine, how tired our fingers were at the end of the trail.

Oh and for all of you who are also a scardy cat like me, don't worry, an instructor will be
there to guide you at all times. And for our case there were 2 of them cause there were 7 of us in the group.


All of us got better and better at controlling the bikes as we went on further
in the trail. The only thing I wished I did was to actually capture the sights along the trail, because some areas really were beautiful! There was this area where it was all just filled with bamboos and even fallen bamboos and trees right above the trail where there was space just big enough for us bikers to pass through. Well, something like the picture below, but better! :D


It was definitely an interesting trail indeed.

And nothing beats resting and just chillin by the waterfall after quite a ride through the bumpy terrain. Well, I guess there's nothing much to say but let the pictures speak for themselves.


After saying bye bye to the waterfall and on our last ride back out, I was wishing I could go faster and faster! Hahaha! The bumpier the better I say! :P

Overall the experience was really good. In fact, we all wished the trail could go on longer.


Terima kasih manyak manyak Sherin, Nik and Ming Ne! It was a great experience indeed!

Definitely worth the go guys!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the experience! Believe it or not, I've yet to experience this experience myself! The last time I went, I was hungover, and I can't even control the bike during the practice session! Anyways, like they say, don't handle machinery when u r drunk or under medication - for me, hmm..under the influence of alcohol! :P

    ReplyDelete