Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Crusin' in the Air


About 2 months ago, Shiva and I had the chance to go on a 4 seater plane ride. A client was supposed to try out the Pilot for a Day experience on a 2 seater plane but because they only have a 4 seater plane available, our kind supplier said we could tag along to try out the experience of riding a 4 seater plane. I can still remember clearly when Nik asked if Shiva and I wanted to go for the ride, I was so happy! Hehe. :D

After chilling at Starbucks at the Subang Airport, the friendly Captain came and greeted us. So after everyone was ready (including the client who was suppose to go for the piloting experience), the captain took us to the hangar area where all the other planes are. As this was my first time to ever get to experience such a thing or to even come remotely close to this side of the Subang airport, I had my trusty camera all ready hung around my neck. Like a jakun, me and Shiva, were like "Waaaaaa, look at that plane wei!", "Fuyohhh..." or "Damn cooool laaah!" with our mouths open all the way. Hahaha. Or okay, maybe it's only me mostly. Hehe. :P




Then, we finally saw her. Isn't she beautiful?


This is the 4 seater plane we were gonna be riding. It's nothing really new or fancy or anything, in fact, everything about it from the outlook to the interiors were really old skool, but I loved it! I absolutely love anything that's old skool I don't know why. Haha. Here are a couple of pictures of the interior.




Before the flying begins, the Captain would usually take the client through a pre-flight briefing session for him/her to learn some basic pre-flight inspection of the aircraft. I was actually kinda looking forward to learning some new things about planes that day, but unfortunately the client wanted to skip that part because he already went through the briefings before. But no matter, I was busy exploring the insides of the plane and taking pictures here and there anyways. Hah! But the Captain did give us a brief explanation about some of the routes we might be taking. Whether or not we will be taking the route towards Port Klang, or towards Damansara...etc.


When he mentioned Port Klang, immediately I thought of what my dad said, "Bee ah, make sure when you're up there, you try to look for our house and take picture let me see ah!" Heheh. And when Captain mentioned Damansara, immediately I thought of searching for our RRD office as well. :D

Anyways, it was finally time to get on board and fly! The interior of the plane is really small but JUST right for 4 people to fit in cozily. After settling our butts onto the seats, we buckled up!


And wore the keeewl headphones! Kekeke. Just like Nik during her Pilot for a Day experience, I too was amused with the voices coming from the control tower after putting on the headphones. Although I seriously have no idea what the hell were these voices at my ears were saying, it felt 'kool' anyway, to be wearing real headphones from a plane! Heheheheh


the point where we were leaving the ground

After the take off (which was such a breeze, I didn't even realize we already left the ground), and while up in the air, I stuck my nose onto the window like a kid seeing the world for the first time. It's really a pretty amazing feeling when you're up there looking down with a clear bird's eye view of everything! It's a different feeling than looking down from a commercial plane because with a commercial plane, you will never get to fly this low.


I'm gonna let you take a wild guess on which route we took. Was it the Damansara route? Or the Klang route? *chuckles*. Sorry couldn't help it! Recognize that short but long blue building with the white rooftop there on the picture above? Guess what building it is! Guess! Guess! :D


The part where it was most exciting (and okay I admit, a lil scared for my life) throughout this ride was during the time the client was having control over the wheel. It really did look like fun (and scary at the same time) especially every time the Captain asks him to do turnings, flying up higher/lower or maintaining control of the plane when strong wind comes...etc. I have to say, I think the client did pretty well, he seems to be calm throughout the time. If it was me, sure heart pounding like 'siao' most of the time wan. ANYWAYS, I bet it must have felt awesome to be able to sit right beside the Captain of the plane, where all controls & zillions of buttons lay right there before him, and of course having the chance to actually fly the plane - Just like an actual pilot!


Now I've experienced being a passenger in a 4 seater plane while another person is trying out the Pilot for a Day experience. And I have to say, as an observer, I can already tell that having a go at flying a plane is really something. It's really not something you get to do everyday and it's definitely one experience you will take with you for the rest of your life. Heck, you can tell people "I flew a plane before". ;) So can you imagine being able to give this as a gift to your loved one? Being able to give them something they are able to cherish forever and maybe even, fulfill one's dream?

I definitely don't mind going for another cruise up in the air again, but this time with ME having a go behind the wheel. Hehe.


Definitely a Saturday afternoon well spent! Thanks Captain and RedRibbon Days. :)

4 comments:

  1. I like the almost arrogant look on your face of you behind the wheel! Haha !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherin: Almost arrogant hahaha!! I know! I wanted to show macam a damn cool "oh look at me, I'm a pilot" face lah tapi tak menjadi!

    Nik: Hehe. Thanks to Photoshop! :D
    Haha yesshh.. Trying to gather some friends to sama sama go with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun! that's really some experience you have there. you should try parachuting next time. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. still can't believe you actually did this... awesomeness!!.. hopefully the next time when all of us are together again, we can do something as interesting as this.. HAHAHA, missing u like hell.. take care ")

    ReplyDelete